Things to Consider
If you haven’t gone through the process of selling a home before, here is a rough outline of the process. Each sale brings subtle differences but rest assured that a good realtor will help you get through the process.
- Define your goals, wants, needs and expectations. A good place to begin is by exploring your short and long term goals in life and how selling your home fits in. I will walk through a process I use to thoroughly understand my client’s goals, wants and needs to ensure that your expectations are met.
- Determine the best price for what’s going on in the market right now. We assess the current state of the market and what comparable homes are actually selling for by reviewing a Compara- tive Market Analysis (CMA) on your home. That way, we can objectively determine its fair market value and price it right.
- Prepare your property so that it is in top-selling condition. Most of us don’t keep our homes in top-selling condition. I will work with you to help you see things from a buyer’s point of view. I will consult with you on what to repair, replace or remove so that your home makes a GREAT first impression.
- Implement time-proven, research-based marketing strategies. Your home will be marketed with a 10 point marketing plan that has the high- est potential for bringing not only the most buy- ers, but also the most qualified buyers to your doorstep.
- Show your property. Always keep your home in top-selling condition. When you leave for work, make sure that your home remains in top- selling condition. You know what they say about first impressions!
- Receive an offer. When a buyer decides to buy your home, an offer will be presented. I will ad- vise you on the offer and whether the buyer is qualified to purchase your home.
- Negotiate to sell. Most offers require some level of negotiation. We will work together to decide your parameter and I will negotiate on your behalf.
- Have your home appraised and inspected. Once you have accepted an offer, I will work with the buyer’s agent to coordinate an appraisal, inspections and a survey (if required). If the buyer requires that certain repairs be made on your home, I will continue to negotiate on your behalf and recommend vendors so we move suc- cessfully from contract to closing.
- Prepare for closing. A few days before closing (also known as settlement), I will contact the title company and the buyer’s agent to ensure that all the necessary forms and documents have been prepared. I will meet with you to review the closing documents and let you know what addi- tional forms and information you need to bring to the closing meeting.
- Close! At the closing meeting, ownership of your property is legally transferred to the buyer. I will be present to advise you and ensure that everything goes according to plan.